Saturday, April 27, 2013

Time for an Adventure

It is adventure time! And no I'm not talking about the television cartoon.  Tomorrow, I begin my trek across the United Kingdom!  I leave from the Salt Lake City airport tomorrow at eleven and arrive in Scotland at 2 o'clock the next day.  I still seems unreal to me.  A few months ago, I would have never dreamed that I would be doing anything like this.  I am leaving the United States to go on a hike across another country, leaving behind my computer, my wardrobe, my family to focus on my writing, getting to know the people in my group and embracing a new culture.  I have never been so ecstatic! However, I already miss Utah!  When I first started college, I didn't expect to like Utah.  Compared to Washington, I saw it as dry and hot and brown.  However, Utah actually has seasons.  Unbelievable right?  The mountains are magnificent and the colors are beautiful in the fall.  The winter is bitterly cold but it looks like a winter wonderland.  In the spring, the temperature is perfect and the sky gets really blue.  I have never lived in Utah in the summer but I'm sure it is great.  This school year has been amazing.  When my freshman year ended, I thought I would never have a school year as good as that one.  I met great people, I had a great ward, great roommates and made so many memories.  However, this year has been just as, possibly more, wonderful.  The people I met were the best!  Everyone was so kind, funny and had wonderful personalities.  Anyway, there is a purpose to this tangent.  It seems to me that it doesn't always matter where you go but who you are with and what you learn.  Though I am about to leave to United Kingdom, I will miss the people back home, especially my family.  Still, I am so excited to embark on this grand journey across the English countryside for the next two months (and then to Paris for three days)!  I won't have a computer so I don't know the next time I will have internet so this might be the last blog post until I get home.  I can't wait to tell of my tales when I return. Au revoir! 

No comments:

Post a Comment